With global headquarters based in Parsippany and a New Jersey employee base of more than 1,800, Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN), one of the world’s largest hospitality companies, was again named among the Best Places to Work in New Jersey by NJBIZ. This achievement marks the sixth consecutive year that the Company has been named to the annual list recognizing the top places of employment in New Jersey that benefit the state's economy, its workforce and businesses.
“Providing great experiences for our customers begins with providing great experiences for our associates,” says Mary Falvey, executive vice president and Chief Human Resources Officer, Wyndham Worldwide. “Our culture, opportunities and Count on Me! spirit have helped make our company one of the best performing hospitality companies that is also one of the best places to work and build a career.”
A global leader in hospitality behind how millions of people travel each year, Wyndham Worldwide is home to the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels, largest vacation ownership company, largest vacation ownership exchange network, and largest provider of professionally managed vacation rentals.
With a diverse global workforce spanning the front desk of the company’s hotels and vacation resorts, to Information Technology, Financial, and other corporate functions, Wyndham Worldwide offers a wide range of professional experiences, opportunities, and benefits supporting each associate as an individual. Highlights include:
• Career Development: Continuing education opportunities and reimbursement; professional development; mentoring programs; associate business groups
• Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K, Life Insurance, commuter benefits, employee assistance program
• Culture: Employee recognition programs; special on-site events and celebrations; paid time-off to volunteer in local communities
• Balanced Lifestyle: Flexible work arrangements, Summer Fridays and special holiday hours, employee discounts
• On-Site Amenities: Employee health and wellness programs, on-site, full-time nurse practitioner, a no-cost, on-site fitness center that is open 24/7, on-site car wash/detailing, a credit union, a shoe shine service, dry cleaning; on-site general store; barista serving Starbucks, Peet’s Coffee and Tavalon Tea, and a cafeteria featuring fresh, sustainable, locally-grown antibiotic and hormone free choices.
“Through the programs and services we offer to support our associates, we provide a great culture, an inclusive work environment, and competitive compensation and benefits programs, which in turn, allows our associates to bring their whole self to work and deliver the best for those we serve,” said Falvey.
Produced by NJBIZ and managed by Best Companies Group (BCG), the survey included evaluating each nominated company's workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics in addition to an associate survey to measure associate experience. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final ranking.
About Wyndham Worldwide
One of the world’s largest hospitality companies, Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) provides a wide range of hospitality services and products through its global portfolio of world-renowned brands. The world’s largest hotel company based on the number of properties, Wyndham Hotel Group is home to many of the world’s best-known hotel brands, with over 7,670 franchised hotels and over 667,000 hotel rooms worldwide. Wyndham Exchange & Rentals is the worldwide leader in vacation exchange and the world’s largest professional manager of vacation rentals business, providing more than 5 million leisure-bound families annually with access to over 109,000 vacation properties in over 100 countries through its prominent exchange and vacation rental brands. The industry and timeshare ownership market leader, Wyndham Vacation Ownership develops, markets, and sells vacation ownership interests and provides consumer financing to owners through its network of 210 vacation ownership resorts serving approximately 904,000 owners throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and the South Pacific. Based in Parsippany, NJ, Wyndham Worldwide employs over 34,000 associates globally.
For more information, please visit www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Manager, Public Relations