PARSIPPANY, N.J. (June 5, 2014) – RCI, the global leader in vacation exchange and part of the Wyndham Worldwide family of brands (NYSE:WYN), recently updated its RCI® Affiliates app, which provides RCI affiliates with helpful tutorials, presentations and videos that can be used to educate prospective new owners. The updated app recently won a 2014 ARDA Award in the Mobile Website or App category.
The app, which has been downloaded thousands of times, is an interactive and dynamic tool with content that demonstrates the value of vacation ownership and exchange. With the latest update to the app, affiliates will find an improved user experience with intuitive navigation and a stylish, enticing design.
"We are dedicated to providing RCI affiliates with best-in-class, customizable technology that helps them at every stage of their businesses," said Gordon Gurnik, president, RCI. "The RCI Affiliates app is just one of the tools we offer to support the sales process and demonstrate the amazing experiences travelers can have through vacation ownership and exchange, and we are so proud that it was recognized with a 2014 ARDA Award. We have updated the app, which was the first of its kind in the industry, to be even more useful and effective."
The content available through the RCI Affiliates app includes:
- Tool Box, which serves as the central point for resort developers and sales representatives, filled with presentations and educational information on the RCI Weeks® and RCI Points® programs and other member benefits
- RCI Vacation Trends, a dynamic map that shows prospects a real-time view of vacation bookings from RCI members that have taken place within the last 24 hours
- RCI TV, which features high-definition location-specific videos, highlighting popular travel destinations as well as the affiliated resorts RCI members can visit in each locale
- RCI Affiliated Resort Directory, which allows users to search and browse RCI affiliated resorts around the world with beautiful photography, informative area and property descriptions, and even videos
- Hotel Accommodations Calculator, which helps demonstrate the value that prospective owners can get from a vacation ownership purchase
- Affiliate Leadership, which serves as a sales and management resource specifically for organization leaders, including developers, managers and HOA board members
In sync with RCI's goal of creating customized solutions for each individual affiliate, the RCI Affiliates app includes functionality that allows users to select presentations as "Favorites" and save them to a "Playlist." Users can also print or download materials directly from the app to email or send home with potential owners.
The RCI Affiliates app for the iPad® can be downloaded for free from the iTunes® store under the name RCI Affiliates. For more information, visit RCIaffiliates.com.
RCI is the worldwide leader in vacation exchange with nearly 4,500 affiliated resorts in more than 100 countries. RCI pioneered the concept of vacation exchange in 1974, offering members increased flexibility and versatility with their vacation ownership experience. Today, through the RCI Weeks® program, the week-for-week exchange system, and the RCI Points® program, the industry’s first global points-based exchange system, RCI provides flexible vacation options to its approximately 3.7 million RCI subscribing members each year. RCI’s luxury exchange program, The Registry Collection®,is the world’s largest program of its kind with approximately 200 affiliated properties either accessible for exchange or under development on six continents.RCI is part of Wyndham Exchange & Rentals and the Wyndham Worldwide family of brands (NYSE: WYN). For additional information visit our media center, rciaffiliates.com or The RCI Blog. RCI also can be found on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
This RCI press release is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc. iPad® and iTunes® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
# # #